Iowa Resident National Merit Scholars
Iowa State continues to enroll more Iowa National Merit Scholars than any other university in the country. Eligible Iowa residents may qualify for a full tuition scholarship over the course of four years (eight semesters) if they are named National Merit Scholars.
Nonresident National Merit Scholars
The National Merit Scholarship program at Iowa State University benefits high-achieving academic students from across the United States. Students from states outside of Iowa who are involved in the National Merit Scholarship competition may be eligible for a variety of scholarship opportunities at Iowa State.
To become eligible, students must complete all of the following:
- Complete the Preliminary SAT®/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test.
- Be named a National Merit Finalist.
- Apply and be offered admission to Iowa State University.
- Notify the National Merit Scholarship Corporation that Iowa State University is your "first choice college."
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Specific scholarship guidelines concerning the National Merit Scholarship Program are provided on the National Merit Scholarship Corporation's homepage.
When you have questions about the National Merit Scholarship Program at Iowa State, please contact Jaclyn Tungesvik at 800 262-3810, extension 1363 or via e-mail at email@example.com.