Orientation Registration Information
The information within the Orientation website is customized for you. Please provide your student type and entry term using the form below and click the "Update Orientation Information" button.
After you have accepted your offer of admission to Iowa State University, your next step to becoming a Cyclone is attending an orientation session. Information about registering for orientation will be sent to the email address you used to apply for admission to Iowa State.
Registration for new student orientation will begin depending on which term you are entering.
|Spring Entry||Late September|
|Summer Entry||Early February|
|Fall Entry||Early February|
How to Register for Orientation
- Click on the link found in your orientation invitation email.
- Log in to the registration system using the information you used to apply to Iowa State.
- Verify all of the information is accurate, including your intended major.
- Select the date that works best for you and your guests. If none of the dates work for you, select the "show more dates" button. If this button is not visible, the dates shown are the only dates available to you.
- Check your email within five business days of submitting your reservation for a message from your college.
- Review the "Before Orientation" tab to prepare for your orientation session and view the schedule of events.
Please keep in mind, orientation sessions are specific to your area of study. If you change your major after you register for orientation, you may need to make different arrangements. Please contact us so we can help you.
Welcome to Iowa State University! We look forward to your adventure that begins at orientation.