Residence Hall Tour
Campus Visit Programming
Out of an abundance of caution and to prioritize the health and safety of our guests and campus, Iowa State University has made a few changes to our campus visit experiences due to the continuous spread of COVID-19.
We will continue to offer virtual visits with options ranging from daily virtual visits, transfer virtual visits, and specially designed programming for admitted students.
We will also be offering special interest sessions and virtual student-led campus tours. Check out our virtual visits page for more information. Schedule a Virtual Visit
Our on campus visit options are very limited, and all guests will be required to wear a face covering while on campus. In order to accommodate as many guests as possible, we are limiting each guest to only bringing one visitor with them on their visit. We appreciate your understanding as we continue to prioritize the health and safety of our staff, students, and visitors. Schedule an On-Campus Visit
At Iowa State we are known for our "house system." Students who live in Iowa State's residence halls are members of a house, which consists of 40-60 students. Residents elect house officers to help plan and implement house programs. Activities might be spontaneous and informal or your house might plan social, educational, and cultural events. Either way, a community adviser (C.A.), undergraduate student staff member, is available in each house for assistance.
Included with your tour is:
- A complimentary lunch in one of our neighborhood dining centers (when classes are in session).
- A visit to a typical traditional and suite style room plus a walk through a "house" (floor).
- A peek in the computer labs. You might have your freshman English class here during the day, or maybe you'll use it during the 24/7 open hours.
- A look at State Gym, a recreation facility filled with free weights, classes for students, a rock climbing wall, and a variety of exercise equipment.
- Information on Iowa State's meal plans.
This tour is usually offered at 11:00 a.m. Monday through Saturday when classes are in session.